Harrogate Golf Club is committed to providing an environment that is free of discrimination, harassment and intimidation for members, employees and guests.
All Members and Visitors are reminded that an acceptable standard of behaviour must be maintained at all times, both on the Course and within the Clubhouse.
Unacceptable behaviour towards a member of staff will not be tolerated, and disciplinary procedures will be considered in all cases.
In the Clubhouse
Members, guests and visitors are reminded that:
- Any form of discrimination, harassment or intimidation is regarded as unacceptable behaviour.
- Consumption of excessive quantities of alcohol is not permitted by law. Please do not be offended if service is refused
- The use of foul or abusive language such as swearing has no place in the clubhouse and any member heard using unacceptable or offensive language will be asked to either stop or leave the premises.
- Smoking or the use of e-cigarettes is not permitted within any of the Club buildings or on the veranda
- The taking of illegal substances will incur immediate suspension and loss of membership.
- The use of mobile phones for telephone calls is not permitted within the main rooms of the clubhouse nor on the veranda. However, free Wifi is available and such devices can be used on silent so as not to cause distraction or annoyance to fellow members or visitors
- Whilst fully acknowledging that adult “banter” contributes to creating a healthy atmosphere among members, these rules are designed to safeguard others who find such banter offensive or intimidating.
This Code of Conduct is not intended to create a bureaucratic, regulatory environment, but rather to promote and enhance our Club’s values.
On the course
All golfers must:
- Avoid slow play, apply Ready Golf principles and allow other golfers to play through as appropriate, waving the following group through when searching for lost balls and maintaining the speed of play by keeping up with the group in front
- Adhere to the dress code and R&A and local rules of the course
- Demonstrate fair play both on and off the course
- Always follow established golf etiquette respecting the course, such as:
- Repairing pitch marks
- Replacing divots
- Raking bunkers
- Showing the necessary respect to fellow golfers at all times, which incorporates;
- No shouting on the course,
- No misuse of equipment (i.e. throwing clubs in frustration etc.),
- No aggressive behaviour
- Conduct yourself in a sportsmanlike manner and do not knowingly cheat, disrespect employees, officials or fellow players.
- Mobile phones must be switched to silent on the golf course for use in emergencies only
Complaints and Protests:
Complaints may be made by any person including a competitor, member, visiting guests, other associated golf club members, and members of the public.
Complaints must be made in the first instance to the Harrogate Golf Club Manager within 3 working days of the matter occurring. These must be then followed up in writing in an acceptable time-frame.
Once received, the complaint will be referred to the Board which will appoint a Director to investigate the offence and determine whether further action is required. If such action is required, the matter will be dealt with in accordance with the Club’s Disciplinary Procedure.
This Code of Conduct is applicable to all Members of the Golf Club, Guests and Visitors.